November 17, 2021
The Secret To Effective Rodent Control For Beaumont Homes
Did you know that rodents are some of the most dangerous pests found in the Beaumont, Texas area? Rodents often make their way into houses, and they are also one of the most frequent pest problems. This is because they are used to living alongside humans and even spend it on us to survive.
The main rodents that homeowners should worry about are mice and rats, but squirrels can also become a problem on occasion. Here is how you can identify these rodents:
- Mice: They are the smallest of the three species at only around five inches long. Their fur is a brown-grey color, and they have pointed faces and large ears and eyes compared to their bodies. They have rather long and thin tails.
- Rats: While some rats look similar to mice in coloration, they are larger when fully grown and can get up to 15 inches long. They have blunter face shapes and short, scary tails.
- Squirrels: This species is known for their big, bushy tails. They have two small font legs and larger hind legs.
Are Rodents Dangerous To Have Around?
The main reason why rodents are such a problem is that they can pose many health concerns. They can spread many different illnesses including hantavirus, salmonellosis, and rat-bite fever. They also carry parasites often. These parasites, such as fleas and ticks, can further spread diseases like Lyme disease and the Bubonic plague.
And, to top it all off, the fur, droppings, and urine of rodents can lead to many respiratory concerns including asthma attacks and allergies.
What Attracts Rodents
Rodents will invade Beaumont homes for the reasons you might expect. Mainly, they need shelter to build their nests, and they also need to be able to eat food and drink water. So, the easier access they have to these needs, the more likely they are to have a house.
They can also get inside in a variety of ways. Mice can fit through holes the size of dimes and, for rats, it’s the size of a quarter. They are also able to gnaw through everything from electrical wires to plumbing pipes to drywall. This allows them to chew their way into a building, even if they can’t find a hole big enough at first.
What’s The Most Effective Way To Remove Rodents?
Some people try to remove rodents using DIY methods, but this is usually a losing game. Rodents are able to repudiate quickly and hide in many places, so most at-home methods aren’t effective.
Instead, let the excerpts at Bill Clark Pest Control help. We offer residential rodent control services that are safe and reliable. Our technicians will remove the entire infestations, and we will work with you to offer ongoing rodent prevention throughout the year.
It’s simple to get started. Just send a message to request a quote.
Some Cockroach Control Steps
The best way to prevent rodents is with help from Bill Clark Pest Control, but you can also work with us to prevent mice and rats by taking the following steps on your own:
- Storing food, including pet food, in airtight containers.
- Placing lids on all garbage cans
- Wiping up food and drink spills right away
- Sealing up holes in the walls and foundation
- Repairing broken screens
- Cleaning kitchens often
< Previous Next >