July 24, 2019
How Texas Homeowners Can Keep Spiders Out Of The Kitchen This Summer
In life, all living creatures seek out food to survive. Lions stalk through tall grass to hunt for caribou and bear wade through rivers to catch salmon. Even humans will travel whatever distance is necessary to buy food. Every creature has a food attraction; the question is what attractions are drawing spiders into your home?
Factors That Draw Spiders In and Why The Kitchen Is A Hot Spot For Spider Activity
As we already discussed, all creatures look for places that fill their need for food. Spiders fulfill this need when they find an area that has a plentiful supply of other insects. Because most spiders are carnivores, they require a steady source of protein in the form of bugs to survive. So, if your home has spiders, it has other pests as well.
Once spiders are in your home, they will then hunt for food in areas where their prey hunts for food. If that sounds complicated, let us explain. As we have already established, all living creatures are drawn to food, and what do most insects eat? Well, most of them eat exactly what we eat; leaving places like our kitchens and dining rooms likely targets. Now let's talk about some ways you can keep spiders, and the pests they hunt, at bay.
Prevention Steps For Spiders
To keep spiders and the pests they hunt for out of your home, consider these following tips:
- Seal up your home by using a caulking gun on gaps and cracks in your home's foundation, around door and window panes, and around utility piping.
- Make sure all of your home’s screens are free of holes and rips.
- Reduce moisture around your home by fixing leaky pipes and installing dehumidifiers in particularly humid areas of your home.
- Consider installing door sweeps on all exterior doors.
- Store leftover food away in airtight containers.
- If your trash cans do not already have tight-fitting lids, consider investing in some that do.
Call your local pest control provider to talk about long term pest exclusion options.
Why Call Bill Clark Bugsperts For Your Spider and Pest Protection
Because spiders are drawn into your home by other pests, we offer plans that deal with both. Here at Bill Clark Bugsperts, we understand the value of a pest-free home. To find out how we can help you, give us a call today. We will discuss your options and find one that best suits your needs and budget.
< Previous Next >