January 14, 2020
Have German Cockroaches Invaded Your Beaumont Business?
Cockroaches are a serious problem in Beaumont, and German cockroaches are the worst. If you're seeing tiny little tan roaches climbing around inside your business, there are a few things you should know about them.
What German Cockroaches Don't Want You To Know
- Of all the cockroach species in the world, the German cockroach is the most adaptable to indoor environments. It can tolerate dry conditions that would drive other cockroaches out.
- German cockroaches reproduce quickly. An infestation can go from one female cockroach to more than a thousand cockroaches in less than a year.
- Female German cockroaches carry their ootheca (egg sack) on their backs and drop them just before the babies hatch.
- This helps them protect their eggs more efficiently than other cockroach species that don't carry their ootheca.
- German cockroaches are small. An adult cockroach of this species is not much more than ½ of an inch in length. The nymphs (baby roaches) of this species are so small they are able to fit through the tiny holes in an outlet!
- Like all cockroaches, German cockroaches are implicated in the spread of more than 33 kinds of bacteria, 6 kinds of parasitic worms, at least 7 types of human pathogens, and they are known to aggravate asthma symptoms. Some of the many illnesses that can result from a cockroach infestation are salmonellosis, cholera, typhoid fever, gastroenteritis, dysentery, poliomyelitis, leprosy and plague.
- German cockroaches can chew through thin plastic and paper packaging on foods.
How can you tell if you have German cockroaches?
German cockroaches are usually easy to identify. They are a tan color with two dark brown stripes on their backs which look like an equal sign. Like all cockroaches, they have six, spiny legs and two antennae.
Are German roaches hard to get rid of?
Yes. German cockroaches are tricky pests. Their small size and naturally defensive behavior patterns can make them difficult pests to get rid of. But they can be controlled when field-tested methods and products are used, and systematic pest control strategies are followed.
Can you get rid of German cockroaches?
It is not wise to attempt to control German cockroaches on your own. Not only are they tricky pests to eliminate and exclude, a use of chemicals can actually turn these roaches into super roaches. As they shed their cuticles (skins) they produce new cuticles that are more resistant to the chemicals found in their environment. This can make them an even greater threat for contaminating food, dishes and food-preparation surfaces. This is one of the reasons why it is best to call Bill Clark Pest Control when you see cockroaches. Our team takes all the proper precautions to make sure there is no contamination due to pest product usage. Our expertly trained technicians know what EPA products to use, how much to apply and what areas to treat. When done correctly by a licensed and experienced commercial pest control professional, cockroaches can be effectively controlled without unwanted contamination.
Commercial Pest Control
Since 1957, Bill Clark Pest Control has been providing the highest level of commercial pest control in Beaumont and the surrounding area. Through the years, we've learned what works. This has helped our team earn the QualityPro Seal of excellence from the National Pest Management Association, one of the highest marks a pest control provider can earn. We hope you'll give us the opportunity to help you develop a commercial pest control plan to address the threat of cockroaches and other harmful pests. When it comes to controlling bugs, you can trust the bugsperts at Bill Clark Pet Control. Reach out to us today to schedule a free, no-obligation pest inspection to get started.
< Previous Next >