July 17, 2019
How To Keep Flea Problems To A Minimum This Summer
With everything in life, there is always the potential for something to go wrong. Of course, we still hope for the best and take precautions to keep our chances low; it's why we have things like seat belts, lightning rods, and the FDA. In this article, we will be talking about some steps you can take to keep your pets and your home flea-free.
When fleas are at their worst
Across most of the United States, fleas are mainly a summer pest due to their body's inability to function correctly in colder temperatures. Unfortunately, here in Texas where it’s warm all year, fleas are more than just a summer problem; the question is, do you know how to keep these tiny pests at bay?
Tips to keep fleas away
As you may know, fleas are a pain to deal with - primarily after they’ve managed to invade your home. Here are some prevention tips to keep your home, and your pets, flea-free.
- Keep your pets well groomed, especially if they have long hair/fur, and use a flea shampoo. Doing this will reduce your pet’s chances of bringing home fleas.
- Before you go inside after walks with your pets, check their fur thoroughly for fleas using a brush, and a small amount of vigilance.
- Keep your home clutter-free, making it easier to spot fleas if they do manage to sneak inside.
- Make sure your grass is cut short. Long grass is a breeding ground for unwanted fleas.
- Keep an eye out for skin irritations on your pets, as this could be a sign of a flea infestation.
- Talk to your vet about other preventative measures, such as flea collars. They will be able to recommend the best options to keep your furry friend flea-free.
Why call Bill Clark Bugsperts if you find fleas in your home
If you have never had to deal with fleas in your home or on your pets before, we hope you never do. However, if these tiny bloodsucking annoyances find a way past your defenses, the Bugsperts are here to help! Our quality treatments work fast to remove fleas from homes, and we would be happy to share our success with you. Give us a call, and we will take care of the rest!
< Previous Next >